Book Buddies: Teen Volunteering Orientation
Are you interested in volunteering at the library this winter? Do you enjoy working with younger children? Are you a book lover?
Then join us for our Book Buddies Volunteering Orientation. We will be going over the Book Buddies program that connects a teen volunteer with a younger reading buddy. This is not a tutoring session, but rather an opportunity for emerging and reluctant readers to practice reading aloud in a supportive and welcoming environment.
The Book Buddies program will be taking place on January 8, 15, 22, and 29 at 4:30PM. This is an orientation to register for dates and times, fill out the necessary paperwork, and to learn more about the program.
Teen volunteers will be able to help their buddies with pronunciation and sounding words out. Teen volunteers may also read aloud to their buddies. Help us foster a love of learning and books by joining our Book Buddies program.
Orientations will take place on November 29 at 4:30PM & December 4th at 6PM.
- Please register for only 1 date. The content will be the same.
- This volunteering opportunity is for ages 13-17 OR 7th-12th graders.
- The orientation will be held in our Teen area
- Volunteering paperwork will be required, but we will have that at the orientation
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm