Cook the Book begins a fourth year of programming in 2019. It is a book club for cooking enthusiasts of all ages. It meets four times per year plus a year-end Cookie Swap.
- Interested person registers for the program.
- The registrant selects a recipe from one of four pre-selected cookbooks from the Grundy collection. The books are available on the bookcase behind the Community/Patron Services computers.
- Staff photocopies the registrant’s recipe selection twice, giving the registrant a copy and keeping a copy for the Library; please note who selected the recipe with a name and telephone number and place it in the Cook the Book folder.
- Registrant makes one recipe for the Saturday meeting, enough to share a taste with others; there is no need to double or triple a recipe. The library will provide plates, bowls, napkins, eating utensils, etc.
* Please note that this program involves food and/or drinks prepared for and by the participants and, therefore, attendees choosing to partake of the food and/or drink available during the event do so at their own risk.
Third book discussion: September 7, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm (Italian recipes)
Super Tuscan: Heritage Recipes and Simple Pleasures from Our Kitchen to Your Table by Gabriele Corcos and Debi Mazar with Rick Rodgers
Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan
Patsy’s Cookbook: Classic Italian Recipes from a New York City Landmark Restaurant by Sal J. Scognamillo
Tasting Italy: a Culinary Journey
Cookbooks for the fourth book discussion will be available beginning September 7, 2019.
Other dates and discussion themes are listed below:
November 2: Spanish & Latin Foods
December 14: Cookie Swap (10:30am -12:00pm)