Cook the Book begins a fourth year of programming in 2019. It is a book club for cooking enthusiasts of all ages. It meets four times per year plus a year-end Cookie Swap.
- Interested person registers for the program.
- The registrant selects a recipe from one of three pre-selected cookbooks from the Grundy collection. The books are available on the bookcase behind the Community/Patron Services computers.
- Staff photocopies the registrant’s recipe selection twice, giving the registrant a copy and keeping a copy for the Library; please note who selected the recipe with a name and telephone number and place it in the Cook the Book folder.
- Registrant makes one recipe for the Saturday meeting, enough to share a taste with others; there is no need to double or triple a recipe. The library will provide plates, bowls, napkins, eating utensils, etc.
* Please note that this program involves food and/or drinks prepared for and by the participants and, therefore, attendees choosing to partake of the food and/or drink available during the event do so at their own risk.
Fourth book discussion: November 2, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm (Spanish Foods)
Book titles TBD
Cookbooks for the fourth book discussion will be available beginning September 7, 2019.
Other dates and discussion themes are listed below:
December 14: Cookie Swap (10:30am -12:00pm)