Decoding the Mysteries of Cats or Why Cats Do What They Do
Join Animal Behaviorist, Stephen Quandt, for a 30-minute presentation about decoding the mysteries of cats and why cats do what they do followed by a 30-minute Q&A where you can find out what you've always been dying to know about your feline friends! Stephen will explain cat behavior from the perspective of the evolutionary and adaptive forces that help shape their lives.
- the Cycle of Predation that can lead to "drive-by" ankle biting, play aggression, early morning wake up, and food aggression
- their sense of identity in being a predator or being a prey on the Confidence Scale that can result in the same behaviors, but can also result in fearful cats, victimized cats (cat on cat aggression), fear aggression, and redirected aggression
- the Mother/Kitten relationship that they experienced with their mother cat that connects them to us through food needs, attention seeking, and their status with their most favored and/or least favored people
- their relationship to hunger, appetite, metabolism, and exercise and how it is connected to all of the above
Stephen was originally a theatrical lighting designer who began working with cats in 2002, including many years professionally with the ASPCA based out of New York City and around the country on disaster and cruelty cases. Most recently he works as a feline behavior specialist for the Animal Care Centers of New York City, a not-for-profit contracted by the City of New York to provide animal and community related services to the residents of New York City. Stephen is now also in private practice as a feline behaviorist who specializes in a compassionate, educational and affordable approach to cat behavior. He and his husband share their home with their two cats, Jenny, a happy-go-lucky, blind-from-birth girl and her bestie, Cricket!
*If anyone is interested in additional support with a feline behavior specialist, information will be provided to connect with Stephen and book a private consultation after the program.
Questions? Contact Chryssi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-355-1183, ext. 104
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.